2005/02/14

Cake in the Rain (Sunday)

Weather: 36 f, 18 mph wind (ese) "feels like": 20 f
Miles: 4
Route: usual
Afterward: Strong: the 3 mile felt as though I could actually run a 10k again. Slushing, windy...2 miles into the wind, but the music made me smile.
Listened to: Songs
MacArthur Park (Richard Harris)
Drops of Jupiter (Train)
When I look to the Sky
I'm about to come alive
Cowboy take me home (Dixie Chicks)
Heart Break town
This Cowboy Song (Sting)
A Mighty Wind (from the soundtrack)
Free (Train)
"MacArthur Park" is only the second song I've downloaded from the internet without paying for it. I make use of the iTunes plan to pay for songs, but since I already purchased one copy of "MacArthur Park"---the wrong one as I was informed by a friend (apparently, Andy Williams is a copycat)--I figured that it okay, just this once to use Limewire to find this opus of the late 60's. In fact, I remember hearing it one night several years ago in Warsaw and really enjoying the lyrics:
MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!
With any longer song stuffed with metaphors during this time (may I remind you of "American Pie"?), many people spend lots o' time "figuring it all out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home